Tuesday, September 22, 2015

10 quotes from the awesome people i hang out with (10 things)























quotes are MY MOST FAVORITEST THINGS EVER.

i've been noticing that the people that i hang around with are really REALLY profound, or just the stuff that comes out of that hole in their face really hits home with me... so i thought i'd quote them.

1. Mom - "That's the part of the equation that we can't control." (We were talking about people in our lives and how their actions affect us, and our actions affect them. I got a picture in my head of a ship sailing through a storm. It has been said that you are the main character of your own story, and the supporting character of someone else's. As ships, we sail through other people's storms. We can either change course and get out of it, or sail straight on through. We can't control the storm itself. We can't control other people. That's the part of the equation that we can't control.)

2. Dani (my older sister) - "Sometimes we have to hang around in the dirt to realize that we don't want to be dirty." (Talking about people again. Sometimes they have to see the bad stuff to realize that they don't want to be in it.)

3. Chris (my brother-in-law) - "Their moral compass is kinda squishy. You know that cornstarch stuff? Where you add cornstarch and water together? And if you hit it really hard, it doesn't give, but if you let it sit in your hands it just turns to goop. That's what their moral compass is like. If you hit it really hard under pressure, its super strong, but the more you hang out with them, the softer it gets." (Again, talking about people - sometimes they put on masks which present the view that they are solid in their morals, in their faith, ethics, whatever...and if not tested except for the occasional smack, they seem solid. But the longer you hang out with them, the goopier they and their morals become.)

(fun fact: Both Dani and Chris, after saying these things, looked at each other and said: "wow! that was really profound!".....gotta love 'em.)

4. Jana (friend, blogger, awesome person) - "Europe is nice. They have trains." (I told her that I was going to run away. She asked if she could come with me.)

5. Eliza Marie (new baby niece!) - "*gurgle* *babble* *wheeze* *sigh*." (All while looking at me with a wide-eyed and bemused expression on her face. I have no idea what this means, but I thought it was profound.)

6. Joelle Rose (2 year old niece...ADORABLE) - "Five fives....LIAR!" (We were playing Pirate's dice.....i think she'll be able to beat us all by the time she's six, but i'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.)

7. Me - "I thought it would help to travel the world." (is it terrible to quote myself? i could give myself a pen name....or say it was one of my friends...)

8. Sara (friend, blogger) - "Even if we fail, we will have learned so much." (We actually didn't have a conversation about this...i found it on her blog.)

9. Courtney (friend, musician) - "But yellow Starbursts are my favorite!" (In response to: a Facebook post that said "Never let anyone treat you like a yellow Starburst. You are a pink Starburst." This was the same girl that told me that "normal was just a setting on your washing machine". Seriously, this girl is brilliant.)

10. Kelaiah (friend, musician, blogger) - "To love is to risk." (ok, so Leo Buscaglia actually said this, but Kelaiah shared it with me. Which makes it awesome.)

11. (BONUS ROUND) Dad - "In 50 words or less, tell me who peed in your Cheerios this morning." (i died. laughing. this is my dad, all the time. so awesome.)

So.....What's your favorite quote? Who said it? Or have you ever said something yourself that you really liked?
I LOVE COMMENTS so talk to me! :D


7 comments:

  1. These quotes are so good! I really like the one by Chris about peoples squishy moral compasses! Hilarious but true!
    :) Brittany - www.hellobubblegum.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brittany! so glad you stopped by! thanks for leaving your link :D i love other people's blogs!!!

      Delete
  2. A lot of these are quite funny, I also like quoting things, maybe a bit to much... but mostly from books ~ http://claredot.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! quotes, right! they totally rule...... thanks for the link! :D

      Delete
  3. Omg, your dad's quote though. xD This is great! And SUCH a good idea!! I kind of do this when I hang out with my nephew/niece because they're both preschoolers and just say the absolutely most FUNNIEST things and I just want to remember it all forever. xD I love the profound ones too....particularly the cornstarch one. ;)
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cait! you should totally do a quotes post at Paper Fury!!!! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. plus, kids say the best things. ever. :D

      Delete
  4. i'm adding it to my resumé… i've been quoted *grins*

    ReplyDelete