Tuesday, July 21, 2015

the updated plan



It's okay.
Don't freak out.

It's not the end of the world....it's just the end of the plan. 
*hysterical screaming and panicking in the background*


Yep. This is your preview of me, in theatres Fall 2015.
Because I have NO PLAN.
AT ALL.
And it's scary.

It's weird, I know, because I have had a plan since before I graduated high school last year. Take some college classes for a year, play piano for the Playhouse, go to work.

Pretty good plan.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any farther than that. So here I am, Summer 2015, with absolutely no sense of direction after these warm months end.

So I spun around in a circle with my eyes closed and pointed to the first spot I decided on, without looking. (I love solving problems like this. They are so simple...)
The plan is....NOT HAVING A PLAN. (I like it: simple, and easy to remember.)

Here's the thing: It's not that I couldn't have a plan. I could easily sign up for college classes, try out for the Pride and Prejudice play, say yes to doing a million little things...

OR.

Just rest. and be creative. and think. and be ME because while I've grown spiritually and mentally these past six months, I haven't really got the chance to explore just how far I've grown.

I can get in shape, and do my photography, and spend time with the people that I really want to spend time with. and work (because as much as I hate my job, I love my job) and do more bible studies (I LOVE bible studies) and just expand within being me with God and myself and other people and my life.

It's okay to not have a plan. Sometimes that's God's way of telling us that we need to slow down. Sometimes we just need a month or six to rest in him and explore a little more of who we have become through this life. Sometimes the reason he's having us do something is because we aren't ready for it, but he is. He wants us to wait in him and learn patience. (Apparently, it's a virtue.) He wants us to discover how to be content when we aren't on the insane heart-stopping spiral of this roller coaster ride that we call life.

It's time to pause. It's time to be okay with not having a plan, and just figure it out as we go.
And it's going to be harder than it looks. But it's also going to be worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment