Wednesday, January 28, 2015

lessons from a storm cloud.

Yep. Life can be dull.
dull: (adjective) not lively or spirited, listless; causing boredom; tedious; uninteresting.
There are such things as flat spots in life. Quiet days, when Pinterest and tea suddenly lose their allure. Silent moments, when you realize that life is not a "roller coaster that only goes up". (Thank you, John Green and Augustus Waters).
Sometimes, life has to rest on the plains.
There are days when all I wish for is to travel. To see the world and buy trinkets to send back home. But I can't. I stay and sit at my desk. I marvel at how time flies when you are sitting still.
Let me clarify. Time doesn't fly when you are sitting still. It crawls, inching along like a pond full of molasses, wriggling and squirming and taking it's sweet little time getting somewhere interesting.
There are days when I am BORED.
And that is when I am reminded of storm clouds.
Yes, storm clouds. As in storms? As in, the calm before the storm?
Because they always come. There is always that breath before the rain comes pouring down, and the lull before the snow blocks out all vision beyond 20 feet. That pause when nature rests because its big moment is coming soon.
And I am reminded by these storm clouds that I, too, must rest before my storm.
Because in one week I have a photography class that I'm taking with Dani and my college class starts up this week which means homework and I work and I have to start practicing for the musical that starts in April (which really isn't that far away) and I have two dentist appointments in the next two weeks and a friend wants to have coffee andI'mtryingnottolosemymindandstillfindtimetoreadforpleasureandspendtimewithmyfamilyandmydogandmysisterandmynieceandholyfreakingcowI'mgoingtohyperventilate...
*inhale deeply*
Thus the reason why I'm grateful for storm clouds. And boring days. Because there will come a day when I will be busy again. And I will hate it and wish for nothing to do. And then the boring days will come, and I will wish for something, ANYTHING, to do.
But today is my calm day. My wishing day. And because they only come around every once in a while, I'm going to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment