Friday, March 6, 2015

#profoundlyloved ... a blog party



It is pretty cool, you know. How much He loves us? Think about it:

  • all the sand on the sea shore
  • all the drops in the ocean
  • from the east to the west
  • to infinity...and beyond!

I don't think we can ever really see or hear or feel how much God loves us. 
I think we can get close to the edge of it. And then we scoot back really fast, because its actually almost scary how big that infinity of love is. That much. 
And when we are loved that much, nothing else really matters. School, work, the never-ending to-do list...it all just fades into the background and God's love fills us up and suddenly everything is okay. We are profoundly loved. And that love covers EVERYTHING.

 
Kate from the Goodness Revolt (a pretty cool blog, in my opinion) tagged Jana from Jana's Faith (another really cool blog) who tagged me. And I am the least techy person that ever hit the face of the planet (okay, actually, Mom is worse...) and I'm a new blogger to boot. Basically: this is my first blog party ever, so...bear with me in love... :D


First, seven (7) questions, then ten (10) tags (if you can! or maybe you're like me and don't have ten friends that blog...) and then it's your turn!


1. tell me about someone you love, and why.

Seriously? I have to pick only one?!?! My sister, parents, friends....You've heard all of these already, so let me tell you about my second family. Even though we only get to see them once a year, we get along marvelously and have always been able to pick right back up where we left off from the year before. When we vacation together, we do awesome stuff, like float the river, boat races (we build the boats!) or go stargazing or sailing, and eat weird food like fried pickles or pie dough and fresh blackberries. They are pretty much some of the most awesome people I have ever met!

2. what is one thing you do that makes you feel all like "man, I could do this forever" when you do it?

Probably...well, actually I don't know. I think mine probably changes day to day. It's more of a feeling for me...somewhere along the lines of "I know that I'm okay doing whatever I'm doing right now. This makes me feel content." Whether that action is traveling with loved ones (which is one of my most favorite things to do EVER), or playing a favorite song on my piano, or sledding or skiing or swimming or bowling with friends, or even just sitting in a coffee shop, writing, like I'm doing now...I could do these forever.

3. what do you love about yourself?

I have great legs.
(KIDDING! Although now that I think about it...I've seen worse... ;)

I like my logical viewpoint on situations and conflicts. I'm able to see things as they really are, without prejudices and favorites, and state my opinion in a clear and precise way. (point proven...)

4. what advice would you give to someone who doesn't believe she/he is beautiful?

It doesn't matter what we think or what anyone else thinks. In God's sight, we are beautiful, perfect, and loved. And his opinion is really the only one that matters. So, for the record: you are beautiful, perfect, and loved. :)

5. what is the best piece of advice you've ever gotten about confidence?

Thank you, Apostle Paul...

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity [fear], but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2Timothy 1:7

6. If you were your own daughter, what advice would you give yourself?

"Samantha, You are gonna have to grow up sooner or later...You might as well do it with dignity...otherwise I'm going to have to drag you kicking and screaming from childhood..."

(Embarrassingly enough, I have had to tell myself this from time to time...*awkward silence*)

I would tell myself to not take anything (including myself) too seriously.


7. a verse, poem, sonnet, ancient-old proverb that inspires you to love yourself and others?

Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy. -Thomas Merton

Above all, love each other deeply. 1 Peter 4:8

And now I tag:

Kryn

Sara

Kelaiah

Olivia

And I don't really know anyone else who blogs...but hey if you see this and want to do it...go right ahead!
Even if you don't have a blog, just use #profoundlyloved for the title! :D


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG!!! I remember when you messaged me on Facebook and I had no idea what the address of your blog was....well now I do! YAY!

    ReplyDelete