Thursday, July 30, 2015

10 favorite songs (right now)

Source



this list changes. every month. some new song comes on the radio and i'm like OH MY GOSH DO YOU HEAR THIS SONG?????? THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!

.... *ahem* or something like that....

anyway. here's my faves, not in any particular order, because that DEFINITELY changes day to day. But this list is my go-to music. There's always something on here that gives me chills. in my world, this is good music.

  1. Hold Back the River - James Bay. This, my friends, is my hippie song. I regularly belt it out on my way home from work. ...hold back the river, let me look in your eyes, hold back the river so i, can stop for a minute and be by your side, hold back the river, hold back...
  2. Brother - NeedtoBreathe. I love this song wholeheartedly. It's such a great example of friendship. ...Ramblers in the wilderness we can't find what we need, get a little restless from the searching, get a little worn down in between, like a bull chasing the matador is the man left to his own schemes, everybody needs someone beside em' shining like a lighthouse from the sea...
  3. Broken Together - Casting Crowns. (warning: upcoming rant.) I find it interesting that society pressures us to be whole, since society is just about the most broken thing around since the last time I dropped a drinking glass on the kitchen floor. It's this shattered, misshapen, taped-together mess, and yet it pushes us to be perfect. I think this song can be about having to co-exist with other people. Sometimes we just have to  let each other be broken. So, in particular this isn't one of my favorite songs to listen to, but I love it's message. (end of rant.) ...How I wish we could go back to simpler times, before all our scars and all our secrets were in the light, now on this hallowed ground, we've drawn the battle lines, will we make it through the night?
  4. Wake Me Up - Avicii. And this is my running away song. (watch the music video...i thought it was cool.) ...Feeling my way through the darkness, guided by a beating heart, i can't tell where the journey will end, but I know where to start, they tell me I'm too young to understand, they say I'm caught up in a dream, well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes, well that's fine by me...I tried carrying the weight of the world, but I only have two hands, I hope I get the chance to travel the world, and I don't have any plans...
  5. Awake My Love - I Am They. Something about this song just clicks with me. Maybe its the beginning, maybe it's the lyrics. but it works. ...I’ve been walking through this life, feeling empty on the inside, just when I thought my hope had died, you were there to bring me back to life...
  6. Say You Do - Dierks Bentley. one must have at least one heartbreak song. this one's mine. no touchy....Don't worry about the damage done, just let those words roll off your tongue, even if you're lyin'...well couldn't you, say you do, say you might, for tonight, have a heart, bend the truth, even if you don't, couldn't you...
  7. Photograph - Ed Sheeran. This song is the best thing ever. I don't know how to describe it other than that. Just....go listen to it. Maybe you'll understand then. :) ...when I'm away, I will remember how you kissed me, under the lamppost back on sixth street, hearing you whisper through the phone, "wait for me to come home."...
  8. Greater - Mercy Me. I cannot sit still to this song. not to mention the great message. he is greater, yeah? ...every day I wrestle with the voices that keep telling me I'm not right, but that's alright...'cause I hear a voice and He calls me redeemed, when others say I'll never be enough, and greater is the One living inside of me, than he who is living in the world...
  9. Bad Blood - Taylor Swift. There was a day when i would rather be tortured and murdered in cold blood rather than be caught saying that i liked a TS song. Unfortunately, that day has passed. And this is a really good angry song. so there....did you have to do this, i was thinking that you could be trusted, did you have to ruin what was shining now it's all rusted, did you have to hit me where I'm weak baby I couldn't breathe, I rubbed it in so deep, salt in the wound like you're laughing right at me....
  10. Crash and Burn - Thomas Rhett. This song makes me laugh. Every time. i just find it funny that he screwed up and then wrote a song about it and the song happens to be a very happy sounding song. it's a bit ironic, yeah? ...I know that it might sound jaded, and I have to say
    I think love is overrated, but I don't like throwing it away,  do you hear that? I'm right back, at the sound of lonely calling, do you hear that? It's where I'm at, it's the sound of teardrops falling down, down, a slamming door and a lesson learned, I let another lover crash and burn...

No comments:

Post a Comment