Tuesday, July 28, 2015

10 summer foods...a la favori

Source



















I'm a foodie. These are my top ten favorite summer foods.
Okay, enough said.
LET'S EAT.

  1. Watermelon. I'm fairly certain I could live off of watermelon.
  2. Grilled Chicken. *ahem* My father makes THE. BEST. GRILLED. CHICKEN. EVER.
  3. Iced Tea. not sweet iced tea (although I have had that and DANG it's good) but my mother's honey-bush sun tea, loose-leaf and slow-steeped. it's lovely.
  4. Tomatoes. particularly the orange tiny ones from the garden.
  5. Zucchini. You will hate me for this one. But really, I LOVE zucchini: it's really versatile: very simple and yummy just by itself, but can also be used in other more complex dishes. not to mention we have a ton of it growing out of our garden so we really have to like it.
  6. Granola, applesauce, and milk. it's like cereal. I always used to put applesauce in my cereal. And now that we can't have cereal...we use granola.
  7. Cheese. Guys - GUYS: Yogurt Cheese. They actually make it out of yogurt. It's softer than regular cheese, and I've tried the garlic-and-herb and the vegetable versions. both are simply amazing.
  8. S'mores. (seriously, is it even summer without them?) And these are a feat, because until about a month ago we didn't think we could get s'mores or graham crackers without gluten in them. BUT WE CAN... so, salute to s'mores.
  9. Coke Life. because it's soda that lex and I can drink. and BONUS it comes in glass bottles so YAY we get to look cool.
  10. PB2. It's peanut butter, but dried, so just add water. it's amazing. enough said. 

Food...what would life be without it? Plus, you know, Jesus liked food too. (John 21:5) I feel justified in my obsession. To learn more about my said obsession, check out my other blog (which is posted on at my leisure...*ahem* as in, whenever i feel like it.) here :D. Now go eat summer food!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, those tomatoes…. Another thing to add to our bucket list for next summer: eat everything on this list, but you will have to excuse me on the PB2 stuff, it's a no-go for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so, no on the PB2 because you don't like peanut butter? or no because it's dried?....because i can assure you, its actually better than real peanut butter.

      Delete