Saturday, February 13, 2016

Leibster Blog Award

SO - here I get this Pinterest message from Abbiee at her music blog. (This alone was enough to make my day.) (#pinterestaddict) 
And this message says that she has tagged me for the Leibster Blog Award. 
I have seen this award. 
It floats about the internet like gold stars on a European restaurant.  (Go watch The Hundred-Foot Journey. SO GOOD.) 
and I love tags. 
Incentive + ability + TOTAL EPICNESS = BEST
What could possibly be wrong about any of this combination??
So i give to you:

Here's the rules:

1. Steal the logo thingy. Yep, go ahead, take it! (Or, you can dig around on the big wide Web and see if you can find another one that somehow fits your blog better. Or you could make one. This one is from Abbiee. It's pretty awesome. i don't see why you would need a different one.)
2. Link back to the person that tagged you. (Hello. That would be me.)
3. Answer the 11 questions that I provide for you at the end of this post. (So. Many. Questions.) 
4. I looked up the official rules for the Liebster award, since i had never done it before and i wanted to LEARN about it (because i love to learn.) and guess what? You're supposed to provide 11 random facts about yourself. (yesssss.....) so do that. tell us about how you eat nutella at midnight and only use slippers on christmas and have only ever had two pets at any given time. 
5. Tag 5 – 11 bloggers that you think deserve to be Liebster of the Year (i don't think that's actually a thing but shhhhh - don't tell anyone :), who have a less than 1000 followers. (apparently you can get a little widget for your blog that lets people know how many people have followed your blog. or you could just ask the blogger. Or you could just guess. Because really....who's counting?) i was confused on the number of nominations you could give so i googled the original liebster blog award and basically the rules have morphed over the years. some people say 11 bloggers, some say 5, some say 10, some say as many as possible. I JUST THINK ITS FUN TO FIND OUT ABOUT PEOPLE. so do however many nominations you want. TAG AWAY.
6. Ask them 11 questions. (or more. or less. but why would we ask less questions? this is an interrogation, right?) (kidding. its actually not. but if it was it would be the coolest interrogation ever.)
7. List these rules in your post. (if you want you can copy and paste from here, or you can do your own interpretation.)
8. Let your tagged bloggers know you've tagged them, via social media or their blog. (IMPORTANT STEP. and give them a link to your blog post that nominates them because if they don't have that then they can't see the questions.) (lol, no i'm not talking from experience. that would be ridiculous.)
9. Also, just as kind of an should really leave your nominator a link to the post you write. Because that's why you were nominated: someone loved your blog. 

So my answers to the phenomenal questions asked by the phenomenal Abbiee:

>>> Best childhood memory?
I don't think I can actually choose just one......maybe the time our friends came over from Portland and we had "Camp LongWalk", which included homemade toy boat races, and lots of bug spray, and sardines, and vienna sausages, and water fights? Or maybe the time we went on the road trip with my aunt to Mount Rushmore? Or maybe the time that Lexy, Dad, and I were home without Mom and Dani and there was a thunder storm so we hung out in the kitchen with all of the doors to the house open and drank chocolate milk and watched the rain come down in sheets? Or the time that we took an unexpected adventure to the coast just because we could? All of it. Really. CHILDHOOD WAS AWESOME.

>>> What is your opinion of Tumbler?
My opinion is a generalization:  Tumblr is full of awesome people who are probably less awesome in person and have less than awesome lives but make them seem awesome by presenting facades on this social media column. They are also often obsessed with some movie or TV series, and this is the subject of much of their circles. (Truth: I would probably have a tumblr if I had more time. God knew that I could only actually live life if he put 24 hours in a day. If he had put in 25, I would have a tumblr, and it would be terrifying. And time consuming. And I would rule the world through tumblr, which would be a disaster. Thus 24 hour days.)

>>> Current Favorite Song?

>>> Spirit Animal?? (it can also be a person)
 Tea. Tea is my spirit animal. Either that or a manatee. I like those things. 

>>> What is that thing that, when you do it, you feel ALIVE?
Traveling, especially when it involves public transportation. It's like all of my senses are turned onto super-mode, so I see and hear and feel and taste and smell everything 10 TIMES MORE INTENSE THAN I NORMALLY WOULD. It's like having the volume turned up. (Second choice: running. Because it is then that I realize how close to death I am.) (Thus why I never run.)

>>> Are GIFs life or annoying? Both.  I love them because there are some really incredible GIFs out there that make me react like Exhibit A. But then there are also some really lame ones that people say are awesome and my reaction is something like Exhibit B.

>>> Do you stare at them forever just to read lips with the caption?
Yes. Especially when they only get half-words in there and you're start thinking WHAT DID THEIR FACE LOOK LIKE FOR THE REST OF THE WORD? #problemswithgifs  #lovehaterelationship

>>> Was that last question confusing?
No. Not at all. I get that.

>>> Dream job?
Midwife or Librarian.  Or official tea taster. Or I would love to be a professional hybernator. (That one is still in the works but I think we can make it happen.)

>>> Who is your greatest spiritual influence?
MMM. MY MOM. She's the best.

>>> If you had access to a time machine, where would you go?
I would go back. way way way way way back to when i was just a kid, and the worst thing that happened was sunburns and blisters on my feet because i wore that stupid pair of flipflops for too many days in a row. I would go back to when breakfast meant sitting in the strawberry patch stuffing my face with the red fruit, brushing off the umber dirt if there was any stuck on the scarlet, seed-speckled surface. I would go back to when sitting in the hottub in the winter ALWAYS included running out into the snow and rolling around and then jumping back into the tub and the slicing, stinging skin pain that made us shriek with hysterical joy. (and as weird as that sounds, we had a GREAT TIME.) i would go back to before life meant bad things happened too. i would go back to when life meant that summer would always come around and the lawn mower doubled as a 4-wheeler in the wintertime so we could pull the sled around because we didn't have a hill in our yard. i would go back to when my brain wasn't clouded by the everyday mundane fog of lists of things to do and think and say and be and look forward to and worry about. i would go back to simpler times.

and that is quite possibly the most depressing thing i have written since this little downer. 


11 random facts about me: (and my sister helped me with these so beware...hehehe)

>>>  blood orange gelato is my greatest weakness. (Shhh...don't tell.)
>>> I have only ever broken one bone, and that was my middle toe on my right foot. (We were playing Disney tag in a narrow hallway...weird things happen.)
>>>apparently I "gulp" my water.
>>> and "viciously" brush my teeth. 
>>> and my know in the movies where the edge of the world is falling off and the people are running on the little pieces and they have to not fall of the edge of the world and it's really intense and kinda scary??? That's how I drive....or so I've been told. 
>>> the ocean/seaside/beach is my most favoritest place to be. 
>>> despite the beach being my favorite place...I despise swimsuits. 
>>>  I think music is super awesome. And I think the passion that people have for music and arts is really epic. And people who love to do music....they're pretty superb. 
>>> this is not my first blog. I started doing a food blog like, four years ago, and there's maybe 8 posts on it...and I never really do anything with it, but I'm thinking about ressurecting it. 
>>> I do actually eat Nutella late at night.....*sigh*...confession. 
>>> I am a completely unique person. I am an introvert, but I like people. (Sometimes they're stupid, but all of us are at some point.) I don't like fish or chicken legs or good earth tea. Cooking is a stress relief for me. I like music that I like, not any specific band or any specific genre. I like clothes that are kinda hippie, kinda cool, kinda grunge. (Like boyfriend jeans and tunics and combat boots and leather jackets with simple necklaces and fun socks and almost curly hair.) If I could fast forward or rewind, I would think long and hard about actually doing it. But you know what? I wouldn't actually do it. Because I like where I'm at right NOW. And I like my life and who I've become and what I've learned. I am unique. But so are you. So we are both different, but we have similarities. We are grown the same way...with lots of water and food and sleep and laughter and hard work and tears and life. Unique, and beautiful. (Wow....okay #chillsam #endofrant). 

My questions for you...hehehe....

1. cake, ice cream, or pie?
2. where do you go to think?
3. if you were sick in bed and you could ask someone from any time period to come visit you, who would you ask?
4. favorite word?
5. what is your perfect pizza?
6. favorite thing to do with friends?
7. how do you exercise?
8. Do you like yourself? 
9. Who is your fictional tv show character? (I know I'm not supposed to comment on these but I had to on this one.) (for example: my sister is certain that I am Sheldon off of The Big Bang Theory. Which is probably the closest we can get to making me a fictional character, although I would be a really nice version of Sheldon and I swear I don't complain that much.)
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. If Godzilla came crashing through your hometown, or wherever your living, what would you do? 

AND NOW? THE NOMINATIONS. MWAHAHA. (Please excuse this poorly executed linking...I'm still trying to figure out my blogger app and let me be quite frank: I HATE IT SO FAR.)


Alright my pretty little peaches: don't forget the rules, feel free to paste and copy as needed, and don't forget to leave me a link to your blog when you're done with this doozy. I LOVE ALL YOUR BLOGS. They seriously make my days so nice, because they're so cute and cheerful and thoughtful and adventurous and basically shisihgUTJYRTDRCjnasljdhfkasjdhf ........yeah. I love them. :) 

Thanks to Abbiee once again! This was so fun! 

Happy blogging, Leibsters!

p.s. I apologize for the length of this post.....but never fear. I have faith in your eyes. :)


  1. Oh my goodness this is literally the best thing in the world. I READ THE EHOLE THING AND I LOVED IT.

  2. YAY! Grace Anne you should totally do this! I forgot to tag you!

  3. First: YAYYYY YOU DID THIS TAG! Girl my day is made. meep! I saw that you messaged me on Pinterest but grr I haven't had time to really sit down and enjoy reading your bloogggggg!! So here I am. Hi. xD "It's pretty awesome. i don't see why you would need a different one." < UM YOU ARE THE BEST. I'm so excited to read the answers to my questions!! :) Oooh and I totally didn't know that about the 11 facts about yourself!! oops... xD but I'm verrah excited to read yours.

    OMG SO ALL OF YOUR CHILDHOOD MEMORIES I WANT TO MAKE THEM INTO STORIES CAN I? OKAY COOL. "If he had put in 25, I would have a tumblr, and it would be terrifying." < this is the best one-liner I've read all week. oh my gosh. xD in fact, that whole paragraph about Tumblr crAcKed Me uPPP. THE THING ABOUT PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. SO TRUE. OMG. And excuse me while I just quote your brilliance all over the place here... "(Second choice: running. Because it is then that I realize how close to death I am.) (Thus why I never run.)" < YOU ARE SO HILARIOUS. DID YOU KNOW THAT? NOW YOU DO.

    The answer to the GIF question is continuing to give me life. AND THE HALF-WORD THING SO TRUUUUE. It annoys the perfectionist in me. XD my mom is my spiritual influence too! AND MY SISTER AND MY DAD. I basically have the world's next influentials at my fingertips and it's awesome. x) YOUR TIME TRAVEL ANSWER WAS NOT A DOWNER IT WAS UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL AND I WANT TO WRITE ALL THE SONGS ABOUT IT OMG. ♥

    BLOOD ORANGE GELATO SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN. (what is it with me and ALL CAPS tonight??) "And people who love to do music....they're pretty superb." OMG MY HEART IS LIKE A SMALL CANDLE ON A BIRTHDAY CAKE DURING A REALLLLLYYYY LONG RENDITION OF THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG. (aka it's melting.) I think you are superb. ;) "I like music that I like, not any specific band or any specific genre." < SAME SAME SO MUCH SAME. When people ask me what artists I like I'm like...ummmm....*five hours later* idek i like all kinds of music yknow?? BECAUSE IT'S SO TRUE. I don't like all of any artist's music!! (well except my own...muaahha.)

    WAIT WAIT WAIT THERE'S A BLOGGER APP?? I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THISSS. But you say that it sucks so that makes things less enticing. xD Also I really want to answer this question: "if you were sick in bed and you could ask someone from any time period to come visit you, who would you ask?" C. S. LEWIS and I would have him read me the Narnia books (YES ALL OF THEM) with his own amazing and fun commentary interjected EVERYWHERE so that it would probably take literal days to get through all the chronicles. But it would be spectacular. x)



    1. ABBIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS! gah like x) soo awesome. this comment made my day. and i would have C.S. Lewis come and read the Narnia books too!! seriously MY FAVE. SO SPECTACULAR. Thanks so much for reading! and tagging! this was SUPER FUN.